McKinley Architecture and Engineering is growing. We are seeking qualified individuals that will be able to acclimate quickly and “hit the ground running”. McKinley Architecture and Engineering has three offices, Wheeling, WV – Wexford, PA and Charleston, WV with positions available in all.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Our P.E. staff is responsible for developing and leading the process to manage the expression of engineering, design, and project management. They act as a manager to ensure that MKA projects follow the appropriate design vision, participate as a team member on major global projects, and document the objectives, requirements, and recommendations in the MKA standards.
As an Electrical Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Interacting and communicating effectively with clients, design team members, project consultants, and contractors;
- Working closely within the design team, including the Project Manager, Project Engineers, and Project Architects, while supporting or leading the development of design deliverables;
- Assisting in the development of overall project goals, design criteria, project budgets, and schedule requirements;
- Designing lighting, electrical systems and electrical services for buildings;
- Performing equipment selections, author equipment and product specifications;
- Providing consulting services, including field investigations, short circuit coordination studies, arc-flash hazard analyses, gap analyses, preparation of technical and feasibility reports;
- Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects;
- Taking responsible charge for the project of your discipline and address any E & O issues;
- Assuming responsible charge for the overall economic well-being of the assigned projects;
- Signing and sealing project engineering construction documents and regulatory permitting submittals, as well as certifications of substantial completion for submittal to regulatory agencies for final approval and/or acceptance; and
- Providing a high level of technical leadership.
To land this gig, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- 10+ years of engineering experience with a concentration in low voltage systems; IT, Security, Fire Alarm, and Lighting controls
- Experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $150,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday