McKinley Architecture and Engineering is growing. We are seeking qualified individuals that will be able to acclimate quickly and “hit the ground running”. McKinley Architecture and Engineering has three offices, Wheeling, WV – Wexford, PA and Charleston, WV with positions available in all.
Financial Analyst & Project Coordinator
The Project and Financial Analyst will be responsible for Billing and Accounts Receivable duties, as well as working closely with the Director of Architectural and Engineering Services on all project coordination related tasks.
As a Financial Analyst, a typical day might include the following:
- Reviewing and tracking invoices per Contract scope on individual projects
- Performing general Accounts Receivable duties
- Managing bank deposits, records and reconciliation
- Tracking expense reports and time sheets for billing purposes
- Ensuring receipt of Insurance Certificates and W-9’s for vendors
- Handling Project Information System (PIM)
- Developing and maintaining Client Relation Management (CRM)
- Tracking project performance through various financial reports
- Coordinating project meetings and weekly staff meetings
- Providing support for Deltek Vision software
- Coordinating tasks and project commitments with Project Managers
- Performing other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and/or any other member of the administration
To land this gig, you need to have:
- 2+ Years of Experience in Project Billing and Accounting (preferred)
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Experience
- Proficiency in Office 365 Products
- Experience in Deltek Vision is a plus
- Ability to read and understand Change Orders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage priorities
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and the completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. They will ensure instruments of service are meeting contractual requirements and are key in managing client relationships and expectations.
- Education and Experience: 4+year degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management or related discipline with demonstrated experience in an A/E or construction related office preferred.
- Leadership – Ability to resolve conflicts, keep staff motivated, and make difficult decisions.
- Time Management – Ability to balance and prioritize the needs and demands of clients, employees and management, often simultaneously.
- Finance – Ability to track and monitor project budgets.
- Analytical – Ability to collect and analyze data, exercising sound problem solving skills and implementing solutions when necessary.
- Organization – Keen attention to detail despite a heavy inflow of data / communication; a commitment to documentation and record keeping.
- Communication – Excellent written and verbal skills to utilize with both internal and external clients.
- Technology – Proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and an openness and willingness to learn and master new software as needed.
- Guide the coordination, documentation, development and completion of projects, including:
- Pre-design tasks, project procurement, assisting in negotiation and development of Owner/AE agreements, AE/Consultant Agreements, assist design professionals in development of Owner Program and budget.
- Design phase tasks, Owner estimate/budget updates, ongoing client communications and updates, assisting in Q/A document reviews, facilitating, participating, documenting, and assisting in project client, AHJ and team design meetings with design professionals , assist design professionals and Owner’s in coordinating required information including utilities, surveys, geotechnical, environmental, archeological evaluations, as applicable, assisting finance department with invoicing procedures, coordinating owner/AHJ document submissions, and coordination of design teams technical specifications and drawings, development of project schedules, in consultation with design professionals, and monitoring of these project schedules.
- Assisting Owner in bidding procedures and precontract documentation including development and/or assembly of Owners’ procurement document non-technical specifications and contract forms, commissioning, construction & materials testing as applicable, attend and/or facilitate pre-bid per Owner’s requirements, coordinate all bidding correspondence to design team and coordinate addenda information from team. Assist Owner in Bid Evaluations and recommendations.
- Coordinate construction administrators and design professionals in construction phase tasks and documentation including, development of construction agreements, preconstruction and progress meetings, payment application, requests for information, submittals, supplemental instructions, proposal requests and cost event procedures, ongoing client communications during construction, substantial and final completion Closeout procedures.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the execution of projects including:
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Monitor and provide schedule updates on project progress
- Work with project management team to coordinate resource availability, and allocation.
- Coordinate Work provided by outside consultants is consistent with Owner’s and MKA’s scope and standards.
- Review and Approve project invoices for accounts payable and receivable.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs.
- Review project financial performance and provide reports.
- Cultivate and manage strong relationships with project team, clients, stakeholders, and third parties.
- Assess and manage risks to minimize unfavorable outcomes. Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued education through training sessions, conferences, etc.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Architectural Designer responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the production of drawings from Conceptual Design through Construction Documents.
- Coordinating with consulting engineers and product vendors.
- Assisting with construction administration.
- Working with intermediate or senior level staff to review work for intent, quality, and precision.
- Creating renderings, or other graphic documents for meetings, presentations, or submittals.
- Participating in the ongoing review and improvement of office efficiency and production.
Architectural Designer requirements:
- Accredited BArch or MArch degree required
- Revit proficiency required
- Applicants should have 10+ years of working experience in schematic design through construction administration phases
- Registration not required
In addition to having strong architectural design capabilities, the ideal Architectural Designer candidate would be:
- A team player with a positive attitude and strong communication & presentation skills
- Well organized and detail-oriented
- Able to take direction and work independently
- Able to oversee multiple short and long-term tasks with minimal supervision
Electrical Engineer PE
Our P.E. staff is responsible for developing and leading the process to manage the expression of engineering, design, and project management. They act as a manager to ensure that MKA projects follow the appropriate design vision, participate as a team member on major global projects, and document the objectives, requirements, and recommendations in the MKA standards.
As an Electrical Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Interacting and communicating effectively with clients, design team members, project consultants, and contractors;
- Working closely within the design team, including the Project Manager, Project Engineers, and Project Architects, while supporting or leading the development of design deliverables;
- Assisting in the development of overall project goals, design criteria, project budgets, and schedule requirements;
- Designing lighting, electrical systems and electrical services for buildings;
- Performing equipment selections, author equipment and product specifications;
- Providing consulting services, including field investigations, short circuit coordination studies, arc-flash hazard analyses, gap analyses, preparation of technical and feasibility reports;
- Establishing design standards, specifications, and criteria for projects;
- Taking responsible charge for the project of your discipline and address any E & O issues;
- Assuming responsible charge for the overall economic well-being of the assigned projects;
- Signing and sealing project engineering construction documents and regulatory permitting submittals, as well as certifications of substantial completion for submittal to regulatory agencies for final approval and/or acceptance; and
- Providing a high level of technical leadership.
To land this gig, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- 10+ years of engineering experience in designing electrical systems & lighting for buildings and building sites.
- Experience/proficiency in design skills in Autodesk products and other computer-aided design software.